Banfi Brunello di Montalcino DOCG (2015)12 March 2017
Pietroso Brunello di Montalcino DOCG (2014)13 May 2017
Banfi Brunello di Montalcino DOCG “Poggio alle Mura” (2013)
Specialized vineyards located around the Castle of Poggio alle Mura, which the zoning studies conducted in the Company have highlighted as particularly suited for Sangiovese and therefore used for the planting of the first vines from clonal selection studies started in 1982 Altitude: 210-220 meters above sea level Position: hill
Grapes: 100% Sangiovese
Vinification: The grapes are harvested by alcoholic fermentation and maceration for 12-13 days in combined steel and wood Horizon vats at a controlled temperature (27-29 ° C). Matured for 2 years for 90% in French oak barriques – made according to company production specifications – and for the remaining 10% in Slavonian oak barrels, before being placed on the market the wine is refined in the bottle for another 12 months.
Tasting notes: A Brunello di Montalcino born from 20 years of Banfi research on Sangiovese, representing the best synthesis of territory, selection and technological innovation. Complex but immediately captivating, with a muscular and toned body, amazing in power and softness, with very sweet and gentle tannins.
Format: 750 ml